Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do people really come into your life for a reason?

I personally have always thought this statement to be true. Whether you knew the person for a few days, few months or few years it was destiny for your paths to cross. I hate change wait no I take that back I despise change especially when people change.

When I started to work at the bank three years ago, I hit it off with one of my co-workers immediately we just clicked. We hung out all the time on weekends, after work and she made work bearable I looked forward to going because I enjoyed her company. She attended concerts with me went to weddings with me when my date bailed we were inseparable.

About eight months into working at the bank my co-worker was let go I of course was devastated work just wouldn’t be the same but I knew we would remain good friends. We of course continued to hang out for the next two months and then one day when I called her she did not call me back I didn’t think much of it. A week went by and still nothing, I tried calling again her phone was not in service. I never saw or heard from her again after that.

I never stopped looking for her I tried myspace, face book and anything you can imagine with no luck. This past Saturday I went on my face book account and saw a friend request with a note saying, “I finally found you”. I cannot explain my excitement so we emailed and then talked on the phone and she lives in Florida now so I can maybe visit her on a Florida trip. She had been looking for me for a while as I was looking for her. I am so glad we are back in contact there was not a day that went by that I wouldn’t think of her.

I believe whole-heartedly now that people do come into your life for a reason and she is back in mine and I couldn’t be happier. Not to mention it’s a good feeling to know she was still thinking of me after all it had been two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment