Sunday, January 17, 2010

Karma Is Watching...

I was so excited for my birthday gift, which was going to see Lady Gaga. Not only is that amazing in itself but also our seats were in the second row and I have been looking forward to this for months. Phil and I find out on Friday that the show was canceled since Gaga was suffering from exhaustion and dehydration. The venue contacted us telling us the show has been canceled and the steps we need to take in order to get a refund for out tickets.

Phil and I were both devastated and it is not being rescheduled so we are shit out of lock on this. We decided to go ahead and go through with our plans for the rest of the weekend and try to enjoy ourselves despite our bad news.

I am not going to lie I was so upset and I kept thinking, “My life sucks I have the worst luck ever, and things couldn’t be worse”. Well Friday night when Phil and I sat down to watch TV, we saw the live coverage from the chaos that is going on in Haiti. It made me feel like such a selfish bitch for complaining all day that I was unable to see Lady Gaga in concert.

It made me realize that I’m sitting here complaining and thinking my life sucks when these people in Haiti had everything taken from them. I have shelter, I have food, I know my family is alive; I am not stuck under thousands of pounds of cement from destroyed buildings. I am not lying on the street trying to sleep because there is nowhere to sleep inside and I am not injured and praying that maybe someone will come and rescue me.

Everything is put into perspective for me in that moment and I realized my “problems” were not problems at all. Listening to reporter’s interview people from Haiti made me realize how good I have it and made it made everything I thought was important not seem so important afterward.

So yesterday I went to the bank checked my account balance and donated 50.00 to the Red Cross to assist the people there is anyway that I can. I am struggling with this economy like everyone else and I realized I don’t have a lot of money or material things but I have more than these people have therefore and I am going to try and help in anyway I can. I urge people to donate anything you can afford, not matter the amount every little bit helps and you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did something to help someone else in a time of need. So please reflect your lives and realize how fortunate you are no matter how “low” we sometimes feel I truly believe that someone else always has it worse.

Remember karma is watching and give back to other people because I am sure you all would hope someone was going to help you in your time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment