Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hell On Earth...

…also knows as the grocery store. After running a bunch of errands this afternoon, I realized I needed to make my way over to the supermarket to get some things for dinner and not to mention the rest of the week.

Now, I’m gonna stop for a minute and just give you a brief history. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate the grocery store with a passion, despise it actually. Okay fine I will be honest I consider this HELL on earth. Why do I hate this place so much you ask?

The answer is simple, I hate dealing with the people who decide to catch up with a long lost friend right in the middle of the aisles both their carts blocking the way for anyone to get through. The ones who are blocking the very section of the aisle you need to get to and when you say, “excuse me”, they act as if they did not hear you. Don’t even get me started on the self-checkouts my philosophy is if you don’t know how to use one then you should not be using it (harsh I know but I’m from NY remember always in a rush).

So here is how it went down tonight. I get to Stop and Shop at around 4:40, 4:45pm and there is nowhere to park of course so I have to park around the side of the building. I already have in my head what isles I need to go in and everything so I can get out as quick as possible. I rush inside grab a basket and start shopping all while I am encountering the “isle blocker” and people with out of control kids.

I am halfway done with my shopping and making good timing if I do say so myself, when all of a sudden I hear the most high pitch alarm I have ever heard in my life. “Oh great what the hell could this be” I mutter to myself and everyone else looks like they are thinking the same thing. An announcement comes over the loud speaker telling everyone they need to evacuate immediately.

Great this is exactly what I was hoping would happen. I put my basket of stuff down since I assume unpaid for items need to stay inside. All hell breaks loose mass amounts of people are running, pushing and trying to make it as fast as they can to the door. You would have thought a bomb was set off in the place the way people were reacting. So we all get outside mind you it is freezing out (23 degrees) to be exact. I hear sirens in the distance and everyone is chatting with each other asking what they thought could be going on.

Fire trucks arrive quickly and apparently, it turned out to be a chicken grease fire in the kitchen. The fire is out and everything was good to go again. I seriously contemplated leaving, and just coming back tomorrow, but decided I would go back and get my items and just get it done with. This just added another reason to my list of why the super market is hell on earth.

Now I am seriously considering ordering my groceries online and having them shipped to me perhaps being able to avoid the hell on earth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment